Oracle Database Administrator – Ref ODA05/2018
Oracle Database Administrator
The role involves the creation and maintenance of databases required for development, testing, education and production usage. The candidate will be expected to perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases and work closely with customer system administration staff.
Duties include the following:
- Ongoing tuning of the databases.
- Installation of new versions of Oracle Databases and its tools
- Planning and implementation of backup and recovery of Oracle databases.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implementing and enforcing security for Oracle Databases.
- Performing database re-organizations as required ensuring maximum uptime of the database.
- Evaluating releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products.
- Providing technical support to application development teams.
- Assisting with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshooting with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform Oracle performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for customers
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Good skills in all Oracle tools
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
- A sound knowledge of database performance tuning.
- Sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and customers.