Software Developer (specializing in Java) – Ref: SDJ08/2019
Software Developers (Java) (Ref SDJ08/2019)
Megabyte is one of Malta’s longest standing software development houses and we are currently in search of an experienced software developer to join our passionate team.
Responsibilities will include taking an active part in the development, testing, implementation and support of both current and new software solutions. Successful candidates must have a good understanding of software development principles and be highly motivated.
Other requirements include:
- A tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Business and Computing
- Being well versed in the following languages:
o Spring Framework: Spring Core, Spring Data, Spring Security, Spring Boot
o Java8, specifically the Stream APIand lambda expressions
o JPA, particularly Hibernate
o Junit and test driven design
o SQL (no specific database engine)
- The ability to solve problems and work well within a team
- Knowledge and experience in technologies including .Net, or Java
- Strong attention to detail and eager to learn new technologies
Being proficient in the following would be considered an asset:
- Oracle RDBMS
- Deployment on both Windows and Unix/ Linux
- Examples of code on Github, or some other portfolio
- Domain-driven design
This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to develop one’s career and talent.
A competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s experience will be offered.
Applications, quoting respective reference number and current CV should be sent by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: The HR Manager, Megabyte Ltd, F4, The Technopark, Mosta MST 3000.