Systems Engineer – Ref: SE11/18
We are currently seeking to recruit an individual to fill the position of a Systems Engineer.
The candidate will work closely with both the software and engineering teams. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading operational support of IT Infrastructure technology including Windows Servers, VMware, Storage and Networks
- Collaborating with the Applications team to design the supporting environment for the solution
- Providing technical system solutions
- Designing, integrating and managing complex platform solutions
- Determining the infrastructure requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements
- Supporting and improving current systems platforms, applications and services by recommending and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems
- Monitoring and management of issues / risks, escalating appropriately
The ideal candidate would have:
- A University degree in Computer Studies or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in HPE, Cisco, Linux, Active Directory, Office 365, VMware and Citrix platforms would be considered an asset
- Awareness of Hybrid Integration Platforms
- Competence in Virtualization, Cloud and Storage technologies and be capable of building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Candidates with a knowledge of Database Management systems including Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server will be preferred
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Possess a valid driving license.
Applications, quoting reference number and including current CV should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to: The HR Manager, Megabyte Ltd, F4, The Technopark, Mosta MST 3000. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.