Why Oracle Virtualization?
Only Oracle offers the industry's most complete and integrated virtualization, from desktop to the data center. Going far beyond simple consolidation, Oracle enables you to virtualize and manage your full hardware and software stack.
Server Virtualization Products
Designed for efficiency and optimized for performance, Oracle's server virtualization products support x86 and SPARC architectures and a variety of workloads such as Linux, Windows and Oracle Solaris. In addition to solutions that are hypervisor-based, Oracle also offers virtualization built in to hardware and Oracle operating systems to deliver the most complete and optimized solution for your entire computing environment.
Oracle VM Server for x86
Oracle VM Server for x86 is a free server virtualization and management solution that makes enterprise applications easier to deploy, manage, and support. Backed worldwide by affordable enterprise-quality support for both Oracle and non-Oracle environments, Oracle VM facilitates the deployment and operation of your enterprise applications on a fully certified platform to
reduce operations and support costs while simultaneously increasing IT efficiency and agility.
Key features and benefits:
• Complete server virtualization and management with no license costs
• Speeds application deployment with Oracle VM Templates and software
• Modern, low overhead architecture for leading price/performance
• Full Oracle VM Manager command-line interface (CLI) and Web Services API (WS-API) allow greater automation and interoperability
• Included secure live migration, VM high-availability (HA), distributed resource scheduler (DRS), distributed power management (DPM), physical-to-virtual (P2V) and virtual-to-virtual
(V2V) conversion, and other advanced features
Oracle VM Server for SPARC
Oracle VM Server for SPARC provides highly efficient, enterprise-class virtualization capabilities for supported SPARC servers. Oracle VM Server leverages the built-in SPARC hypervisor to subdivide a supported platform’s resources (CPUs, memory, network, and storage) by creating partitions called logical (or virtual) domains. Each logical domain can run an independent operating system. Oracle VM Server for SPARC provides the flexibility to deploy multiple Oracle Solaris operating systems simultaneously on a single platform. Oracle VM Server also allows you to create up to 128 virtual servers on one system to take advantage of the massive thread scale offered by the supported SPARC servers
- Create multiple independent logical domains quickly and easily using the built-in hypervisor
- Leverage advanced Oracle Solaris technologies, such as ZFS cloning and snapshots, to speed deployment and dramatically reduce disk capacity requirements
- Utilize redundant virtual networks and disks to create more highly available domains
- Dynamically re-configure computing resources to meet business demands
- Perform domain migration from system to system securely and quickly with very little latency
- Greatly increased utilization
- Flexibility in provisioning and deployment of services
- More uniform management interfaces
- Higher level of service
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO)