Ensuring the availability of high-quality power for critical applications
The company offers a wide range of continuously evolving products, solutions and services, making Socomec experts in the three essential technologies that can ensure the high availability of supply to critical facilities and buildings:
• Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) that provide high-quality power and reduce distortion and interruptions to the mains supply due to their power storage backup,
• Changeover of high availability sources to transfer supply to an operational backup source,
• Continuous monitoring of installation facilities to prevent failures and reduce operating losses.
Power Control & Safety
Managing power and protecting individuals and property
Socomec’s expertise in this domain is unquestionable; the company is an undisputed leader in power switching and changeover functions, and has been a specialist manufacturer of electrical equipment since 1922. The company has long defended the benefits of fuse protection for individuals and property, and has become a major player in cutting-edge technology such as the monitoring and detection of insulation defects. Socomec guarantees solutions and services which are both relevant and efficient.
Guaranteeing the safety and durability of photovoltaic (PV) facilities
As experts in the solar energy equipment field, Socomec has all the specialist know-how for implementing key strategic functions in PV facilities, including:
• Safety, through specially designed switch disconnectors to cut the DC current generated by solar panels regardless of the facility configuration and operating conditions, the reliability of DC facilities thanks to solutions preventing the degradation of insulation and electric arc failure in DC current,
• Control of very high-efficiency energy conversion, via PV inverters, to transform all energy generated by the solar panels into power to be consumed locally or re-injected into the national grid.
Improving building and facility energy efficiency
Socomec solutions, ranging from sensors to the wide choice of innovative, modular software packages, are driven by experts in energy efficiency. They meet the essential requirements of managers or operators of tertiary, industrial or local authority buildings, and make it possible to:
• Measure power consumption, identify sources of excess consumption, and raise occupant awareness,
• Limit reactive energy and prevent associated tariff penalties, use the best tariffs, check supplier invoicing and accurately distribute energy bills among consumer entities.